Are you looking for WordPress speed optimization plugins to speed up your site?
Look no further because we have handpicked the best wordpress plugins to increase site speed.
The WordPress performance plugins allow you to speed up your site’s performance. They offer the necessary features that help you optimize your site and increase the speed efficiently.
In this WPEverest article, we have reviewed and listed the best WordPress speed optimization plugins for your convenience.
Why Do You Need WordPress Speed Optimization Plugins?
Improving your site’s speed is one of the important factors for ranking well on search engines. Not only does it improve the user experience but also makes your site more SEO-friendly.
You can find many WordPress plugins to increase site speed out there. And, caching plugins are one of them. Caching is very crucial for increasing your site speed. It makes it easier to retrieve data and loads your site faster.
Other than this, you can speed up your WordPress site with image optimization, lazy loading, and more. There are WordPress performance plugins that provide these features. So, you can easily use these plugins and optimize your site for speed and performance.
We have included all the WordPress speed optimization plugins that you will ever need here in our list. So, keep reading and don’t miss out on any of these plugins.
10 Best WordPress Speed Optimization Plugins
1. WP Rocket
It is one of the best wordpress plugins for speed optimization because of the collection of features it offers. Not to forget, it has a user-friendly interface that allows even beginners to use the plugin. It is really easy to set up the plugin on your site too. Also, it offers advanced features such as Database optimization, Direct Cloudflare integration, etc.
- You can enable lazy loading features for faster loading of images and videos.
- It integrates with a content delivery network (CDN) for better caching.
- Browser caching makes your site load faster as it stores the static contents.
- Integrates with Google Analytics to load code from the server.
- $39.20 for Single
- $79.20 for Plus
- $199.20 for Infinite
2. WP Super Cache
If you are a beginner or want a simple solution for caching then, WP Super Cache is the plugin for you. It is a popular WordPress Speed Optimization plugin which is available free. The plugin has over 2 million active installations and is recommended by many hosting companies.
It generates static HTML files from your WordPress site which is lightweight and loads faster. And, these files are served to the majority of your users. They are the users who are not logged in or have not left comments on your site.
- Preload your posts by enabling the “Preload Mode” option.
- Option for not caching pages for the known users on your site.
- Advanced features such as Gzip compression and browser caching.
- Connect with a CDN (Content Delivery Network) to load your content faster.
PerfMatters is different from the other WordPress speed optimization plugins in this list. The plugin removes unnecessary options that are enabled by default in WordPress. These options can slow down your site’s performance. So, you can easily disable using buttons with the help of this plugin.
Furthermore, the plugin allows you to reduce HTTP requests on your site. They are one of the factors that slow down your site. There is a built-in scripts manager tool that allows you to disable scripts on a per post/page basis. So, you can stop plugins from loading unnecessary codes.
- It is lightweight and compatible with other caching plugins.
- Optimize your database by cleaning up and deleting unwanted data.
- Offers the lazy loading feature so, you can delay image loading on your site.
- Allows you to host Google Analytics locally.
- $24.95 for Personal
- $54.95 for Business
- $124.95 for Unlimited Sites
4. WP Fastest Cache
WP Fastest Cache is one of the best speed plugins for WordPress which focuses on caching. However, you’ll find a bunch of features that make this plugin so much better. You can try the free version available in the WordPress repository. And, you can move to the premium version if you want more advanced features.
- Offers Image optimization and database optimization features.
- You can easily set cache expiration times for URL strings.
- Option to exclude certain user/content from caching.
- Gzip compression and browser cache features.
Free version available in WordPress.org.
- $49.99 for Bronze
- $125 for Silver
- $175 for Gold
5. LazyLoad by WP Rocket
Lazyload is an image optimization WordPress plugin built by WP Rocket. This plugin displays images and iframes on a page only when users scroll there. If you are already using the WP Rocket plugin, then you don’t need to install this plugin. The Lazy Load plugin is built-in to the WP Rocket.
- Lazy loading option for images, thumbnails, avatars, smiles, and iframes.
- Replace your YouTube iFrames with preview thumbnails
6. W3 Total Cache
Next in the list for the best WordPress plugins to increase site speed is W3 Total Cache. It offers many features that will help you improve your site’s performance. And, it is completely free so, you can easily install it on your WordPress site.
It offers features like page caching, browser caching, database caching, and more. However, the plugin is more complex to use for beginners. The other caching plugins like WP Rocket offer a more user-friendly interface for ease of use. Also, this plugin offers file minification features.
- It is compatible with shared hosting, virtual private/dedicated servers.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration allows you to reduce load time for your site.
- Google AMP and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support.
WP-Optimize is one of the WordPress speed optimization plugins that offers multiple features. It originally focused on optimizing your WordPress database. So, you can easily clear out the unnecessary data on your database. Furthermore, you can compress your images and cache your site easily with the help of this plugin.
- Gzip compression features allow you to reduce the load time of your site.
- Features like cache preloading, browser cache, and device-specific cache.
- EXIF data-keeping feature retains image information after the image is compressed.
Free version available in WordPress.org.
- $39.00 for Starter
- $59.00 for Business
- $149.00 for Unlimited
The images on your site have a great impact on your page speed. And, they can be the reason for your slow page load times. So, you can use ShortPixel to optimize images on your WordPress site easily. It is one of the important WordPress speed optimization plugins out there.
It allows you to easily resize and rescale your images on your site. Also, you can automate the optimization of your images as you upload them. With this image optimization plugin, you can optimize many image types such as JPG, PNG, GIF, and PDF documents too.
- Easy to backup and restore your images with one click.
- Offers compression options: lossy, glossy, and lossless.
- Compatible with WP Retina 2x so, all retina images are automatically compressed.
- Also, it is compatible with any Gallery, Slider, and e-Commerce plugin.
- Free version available in WordPress.org
- Pro version starts from $4.99
9. CDN Enabler
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a network of distributed servers that are spread around the world. These servers store and provide copies of your WordPress site to your visitors. The closest servers deliver the content so, your site loads faster than ever. And, CDN enabler plugin allows you to integrate a CDN with your WordPress site effortlessly.
For this, you need to sign up for a CDN and get your CDN URL. You can quickly link your site’s content to the CDN URLs. Then, you can enter your CDN URL in the plugin dashboard. Now, you can quickly link your site’s content to the CDN URLs. Keep in mind that this plugin does not work with Cloudflare.
- You can link assets to load from a CDN.
- It allows you to set included directories and define exclusions.
- Lets you enable or disable HTTPS.
10. Asset CleanUp
Last but not the least, there is the Asset CleanUp plugin. This WordPress performance plugin is similar to PerfMatter. It allows you to disable scripts and decrease the number of HTTP requests loaded. When you have so many WordPress themes and plugins on your site, there are possible conflicts. This plugin easily removes these conflicts and make your site faster.
- Preload CSS/JS, Local Fonts, and Google Fonts files.
- Remove Emojis, Dashicons for guest users on your site.
- Reduces the HTML code of the actual page.
- Free version available in WordPress.org
- Pro version starting from $47
Therefore, improving the speed and performance is very important for every successful website. If you are a WordPress user, then you can easily take the help of speed optimization plugins. You’ll learn how to make a WordPress website faster in no time.
We have handpicked the best WordPress performance plugins in this article. So, you can choose the plugins that are required for your site. If you are still confused about which plugins you should select then, don’t worry!
If you found this article helpful, please share. And, you can comment down below if you have any questions.