When there are so many WordPress plugins available, finding the best ones for your site can be very time-consuming.
You can find over 50000 plugins in the WordPress repository for different functions and purposes. Other than that, you can find even more third-party plugins on the internet.
But, how do you know which ones are the best for your website?
Don’t Worry! In this WPEverest article, we have handpicked the best WordPress plugins to save you from all the work.
So, let’s get started!
Why Do You Need the Best WordPress Plugins?
WordPress plugins make life so much easier. You can easily add new features and functionalities to your site in a few steps. Moreover, it is very easy to install a plugin to your WordPress site.
However, there are a few things you need to consider before installing any plugin on your site. You need to make sure that the plugins you install provide the best features and security to your site.
Here are some of the features that you’ll find in the best WordPress plugins.
- User-Friendly Interface: Not all of the users are tech-savvy. So, a good WordPress plugin must have an easy-to-use and understandable interface.
- Customer support: When a problem occurs, users may need the help of a professional. And, this is where support is needed. The best WordPress plugins offer great customer support for their users.
- Performance: Some plugins may take up your server’s storage space and make your site slow. Therefore, you need to choose the plugins that are lightweight for your site.
- WordPress Guidelines: When installing a plugin, make sure it follows the rules and guidelines set by WordPress itself.
Having said that, it is very time-consuming to go through each plugin and check these out. So, we have reviewed and listed the best WordPress plugins for your convenience.
25+ Best WordPress Plugins and Extensions
1. Everest Forms – Best WordPress Contact Plugin
Having a good communication bridge with the users is necessary for a website’s success. So, adding a contact form is a great option. Everest Forms is the most powerful and easy WordPress contact form plugin that you can find. This plugin allows you to create attractive simple to professional contact forms in a few clicks.
Not only contact forms, but you can also create any other forms for your site. The drag-and-drop form builder lets you add form fields to your desired position. And, it offers many pre-built form templates to make save your time. Customizing your form according to your requirements is a piece of cake. Also, you can find the free version on WordPress.org.
- The conditional logic feature allows you to create interactive and user-friendly forms.
- Compatible WordPress multilingual plugins so, you can translate your forms easily.
- Use extension for surveys, polls, and quizzes and increase user interaction.
- Divide long and complex forms into multiple parts with Multi-Part forms extension.
- Add more functionalities to your WordPress forms with the help of extensions.
2. User Registration – Best WordPress User Registration Plugin
User Registration is the best WordPress user registration plugin that allows you to register users to your site easily. It offers a user-friendly interface with the drag-and-drop interface. So, creating and adding registration forms to your WordPress site is very easy. It works well with the Gutenberg editor and supports shortcodes too.
Moreover, you have the option to customize the look and feel of the user profiles. Also, you can export your form submission entries in PDF files easily. The premium version offers more advanced features such as multi-step forms, file upload, advanced fields, and more. And, you can find the free version on WordPress.org.
- Lets you choose the desired user roles before in the registration form settings.
- Allows you to restrict the content on your website according to user roles.
- Integration with Google reCaptcha allows you to prevent spam form submissions.
- Compatible with WooCommerce so, you can add WooCommerce tabs to user profiles.
3. Yoast SEO -WordPress SEO Plugin
Undoubtedly, Yoast SEO is the best option in the list of WordPress SEO plugins. It is also great for beginners who want to learn how to create SEO-friendly content. This plugin guides you to improve your content and other on-page SEO settings in a simple interface.
There are options for adding focus and other related keywords. So, you can optimize your posts and pages according to the keywords easily. Also, there is the readability check feature that checks the overall readability of the content. Necessary issues are pointed out to make it more SEO optimized.
- The analysis tool allows you to optimize each page separately.
- In-built XML sitemap tool to help create sitemaps for your site.
- Preview the search result snippet of your posts and make necessary changes.
- More Settings for improving the SEO of your WordPress website.
4. WPML – WordPress Multilingual Plugin
WPML is another one of the must-have WordPress plugins that let you translate your site. When you are a website owner, You can translate the contents of your site in over 40+ languages. It is very easy to use so with a powerful translation management system. So, you can translate your WordPress posts, pages, taxonomies, and menus. Also, this multilingual plugin lets you assign translator roles to your users.
- Allows you to translate page builders, themes, and plugins too.
- Compatible with WooCommerce so, you can translate your online stores.
- Works well with all types of WordPress themes.
- Integration with online translation services for automatic translations.
5. Easy Social Sharing – WordPress Social Media Plugin
As a website owner, you must know that just posting content online is not enough. To attract viewers and audiences to your site, you need to share your content. And, social media plays a big role in it. So, you can use the Easy Social Sharing plugin to add the social sharing buttons on your site.
It is one of the must have WordPress plugins for any website. With the help of this plugin, you can easily display the share buttons for popular social media sites. It offers 18 social sharing buttons that you can embed directly on your posts and pages. Also, it comes with the Social Shared Counts feature which is great for WordPress blogging sites.
- Offers simple and easy dashboard settings.
- It has a responsive design so, the buttons look good on all devices.
- You can see a live preview of the social share buttons in the backend.
- Customize buttons with multiple layouts, designs, custom colors, and more.
6. WooCommerce – WordPress eCommerce Plugin
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It is perfect for small businesses as well as large eCommerce sites. Beginners who want to open online stores can easily use it. And, it is also one of the best wordpress plugins for developers. Not to mention, this plugin is one of the top WordPress plugins available in WordPress.org.
- Easily showcase products, affiliate items, custom configuration, and more.
- Offers attractive themes to choose from for creating your storefronts.
- Manage payments for your Store easily with WooCommerce Payments.
- Customize your eCommerce pages with modular product blocks.
7. Akismet -WordPress Spam Plugin
Akismet is developed by Automattic which is the same company behind WordPress. It is the best WordPress anti-spam plugin that filters the spam from comments. So, it is one of the must have wordpress plugins for blogs. The plugin automatically checks all the comments on your WordPress site and filters the spam.
- Each comment has a status history so, you can see which comments are caught or cleared.
- It also shows which comments are spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- Displays the URLs in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- The discard feature lets you block the worst spams to save disk space and speed up the site.
8. Elementor – WordPress Page Builder Plugin
Elementor is one of the most popular WordPress plugins which lets you build websites effortlessly. With its instant reaction feature, you can quickly build your website. It includes instant drag-and-drop builder, instant live edit, and instant page load features.
Also, there is the live preview feature that shows you how the frontend looks as you build your site. Furthermore, you can upgrade to the pro version for more advanced features. It is also one of the best WordPress plugins for developers as it can be extended further.
- You can use 40+ free widgets so, you can reach the top of your design capabilities.
- It offers 100+ pre-designed templates and blocks in the free version.
- More features like motion effects, WooCommerce builder, Custom fonts and icons, etc.
9. LearnDash – WordPress LMS Plugin
If you want to start online courses on your site, then you will need the help of an LMS(Learning Management System). And, Learndash is one of the best LMS WordPress plugins that you can find in the market.
You can use your WordPress website as an online learning platform and offer courses. It allows you to create free and premium courses on the backend. Also, you can easily register your users and enroll them in a course.
- Membership option to sell online courses and provide access to members.
- Add payment gateways to accept payments for your courses.
- Create user groups and assign a group leader to manage the progress.
- The reward feature allows you to give certificates, points, and badges to encourage users.
10. Pretty Links – WordPress Affiliate Marketing Plugin
Pretty Links is one of the must have WordPress plugins if you are using affiliate links on your site. This plugin allows you to manage your affiliate links with ease. You can shorten links using your own domain name. And, you can create a custom slug or generate random 3-4 character slugs for your URLs.
- Track your affiliate links for visitor activity and number of clicks
- The reporting interface shows a configurable chart of clicks per day.
- Filter tracking reports by specific link clicked, date range, unique, etc.
11. MemberPress – WordPress Membership Plugin
If you want to build a membership website, then MemberPress is the best WordPress plugin for you. This plugin allows you to easily manage memberships and create subscriptions. So, you can restrict content access based on membership plans and add payment gateways. Also, it works well with WooCommerce so, you can use this for online stores too.
- Simple and easy user interface so, beginners can use this plugin effortlessly.
- Allows you to create affiliate programs, coupons, pricing pages for your website.
- bbPress integration lets you create an online community for your members.
- It integrates with email marketing services like ConvertKit, Mailchimp, AWeber, etc.
12. W3 Total Cache – WordPress Cache Plugin
W3 Total Cache is one of the top WordPress plugins recommended by many users. It is the best caching WordPress plugin that improves the performance of your server. The plugin saves your site’s static content in the visitor’s browser. Therefore, this increases the load speed of your site.
- Implementation of a content delivery network (CDN) which makes your site load faster.
- Supports Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
13. Smush -WordPress Image Optimization Plugin
Images play a big role in any website. Not only does it attract visitors towards your content but it also conveys your message instantly. However, the images slow down your site speed by filling your storage space. This is where Smush comes in handy. It is the best WordPress image optimization plugin that lets you compress your images. So, you can optimize your images and still maintain their quality.
- You can compress or resize your images automatically as you upload them in the media library.
- Integration with NEXTGEN and WP Retina 2x so, you can display crisp images.
14. Jetpack – WordPress Security Plugin
Jetpack is definitely one of the most essential WordPress plugins out there. It offers a collection of features for website security, performance, and management tools. So, you can utilize this plugin to improve the overall performance of your site. Also, it works well with other WordPress plugins and tools for more functionalities.
- Provides site security with auto real time backups, easy restores, malware scanning, etc.
- Speed up your site’s performance with AMP tool and free content delivery network CDN
- Offers social sharing, advanced commenting, and a built-in contact form.
15. Redirection – WordPress Redirection Plugin
Redirection is one of the must have WordPress plugins that allows you to manage 301 redirections. It is free to use and has over 1 million active installs in WordPress. So, the plugins redirect manager allows you to create and manage redirect URLs effortlessly. Also, you can keep track of 404 errors and fix them.
- Automatically creates a redirect when there are changes in the permalinks of posts and pages.
- Conditional redirects allow you to redirect URLs based on login status, Cookies, etc.
16. VaultPress -WordPress Backup Plugin
Built by the same company as WordPress, VaultPress is one of the top WordPress plugins. It offers real-time automated backups and security for your WordPress website. Now, it is officially powered by Jetpack. So, you can back up your posts, comments, media files, etc. to its servers. Moreover, it protects your site against hackers, malware, accidental damages, and host outages. If something goes wrong on your site, then you can easily restore to normal with few clicks.
17. Code Snippets – WordPress Code Plugin
Code Snippets is a WordPress plugin that you can use to easily insert code on your site. It is a user-friendly and lightweight plugin available free in the WordPress repository. Even if you are a beginner, you will learn how to use this plugin in no time. You can insert code directly from your admin dashboard without opening any file.
- Manage snippets in a graphical interface similar to the Plugins menu.
- Snippets can be exported either in JSON or in PHP for further users.
18. BuddyPress – WordPress Forum Plugin
BuddyPress is one of the best WordPress plugins for building online communities for your site. You can not only create a forum on your site but also an online social networking site. Also, it allows your uses to create profiles, have private conversations, make social connections, and more.
- Developers can add more features and functionalities to their website.
- It comes with built-in support for Akismet and bbPress.
19. RestaurantPress – WordPress Restaurant Menu Plugin
RestaurantPress is the best WordPress restaurant menu plugin that lets you create beautiful menus. The interface is easy to use and the plugin is fully responsive too. You can create restaurant and food menus with a Single, Two or, Grid Image layout.
So, you can showcase your food and drink items easily with these layouts. Also, you can add the sale price and the regular price for food items to attract customers. And, you can display your menu on pages or posts using the built-in shortcode. Furthermore, you can directly take orders and sell your items with the help of the WooCommerce Integration add-on.
- Supports multiple menus and offers gallery options for each menu item.
- You can select unique icons for your menu categories.
- Multiple Menu Grouping options allow you to group as many menus you want.
- It is translation ready so, you can translate your menus to any language that is required.
20. Site Kite – WordPress Google Analytics Plugin
Site Kit is Google’s official WordPress plugin that lets you get insights about how people find and use your site. It brings the best Google tools such as Search Console, Google Analytics, Adsense, and more to your WordPress site. You can see the stats from the multiple Google tools in one dashboard. And, it is extremely easy to set up. Just a few clicks and you are good to go.
- You can access a single dashboard to see the stats of your entire site.
- View insights for a specific page directly in the WordPress admin bar.
- You are notified when you hit a milestone in the dashboard.
21. WP Rocket – WordPress Performance Plugin
- You can enable lazy loading features for faster loading of images and videos.
- It integrates with a content delivery network (CDN) for better caching.
- Browser caching makes your site load faster as it stores the static contents.
22. Business Directory Plugin – WordPress Directory Plugin
If you want to create a directory website like Yelp, then you can use the Business Directory Plugin. This WordPress plugin is the best for building a local directory for your site. You can not only create business listings but also create other kinds of listings directory. Also, it lets you advertise businesses and sell listings to business owners.
- Image options like drag and drop image uploads, image ordering, primary image settings, etc.
- You can create multiple free plans and they can be assigned to categories for posting.
- Support WPML so, you can create multilingual directories.
23. Ad Inserter – WordPress Advertising Plugin
Ad Inserter is one of the must have WordPress plugins if you want to insert and manage ads on your site. This plugin offers amazing features for managing ad codes effortlessly. So, you can insert ads for Google AdSense, Amazon Native Shopping Ads, and more. And, it is extremely easy to insert code anywhere you want with its syntax highlighting editor.
- You can preview the code for ads with the visual CSS editor.
- It supports Google Ad Manager (DoubleClick for Publishers).
- Offers a code generator for banners and placeholders.
- The timed ad rotation feature defines the time for rotating adverts in a single ad-block.
24. LiveChat – WordPress Live Chat Plugin
LiveChat is the best WordPress live chat plugin that lets you easily add live chat support to your site. If you want to have quick and effective communication with your customers online, then you need a live chat. This plugin comes with a built-in ticketing system that allows you to provide seamless customer support. Moreover, you can integrate the plugin with popular third-party apps and services.
- Connect multiple websites to a single LiveChat account to communicate with visitors.
- Canned responses allow you to reply and help customers quickly with predefined answers.
- The visitor tracking feature allows you to track your customers’ location and more info.
25. Mailchimp for WordPress – WordPress Email Marketing Plugin
Are you looking to grow your email marketing list? If yes, then you can easily take the help of Mailchimp. Mailchimp is a powerful email marketing service that lets you grow and manage your audience. The Mailchimp for WordPress plugin allows you to easily connect your Mailchimp account with your WordPress site.
- Grow Mailchimp lists and create amazing newsletters for your website.
- Create forms or integrate with any existing form like contact form or registration form.
- Works well with all the popular WordPress plugins like WooCommerce, BuddyPress, etc.
Other Useful WordPress Plugins
Google XML Sitemaps is definitely one of the best WordPress plugins with over 2 million active installs. It allows you to create special XML sitemaps which improve the SEO of your site. Sitemaps are very important for the ranking of your website on the search results.
Moreover, they notify the search engines about your web pages for indexing. The plugin is very user-friendly. So, you can use this plugin even if you are a beginner and have no experience with sitemaps.
There can be many links on your site that don’t exist or work anymore. These links are called broken links and they are very bad for your site’s SEO. Broken Link Checker is the best WordPress plugin available for fixing your broken links. It scans all the links on your site and identifies if they are broken or not. Then, you can easily edit the links or remove them. Also, you can fix broken links one by one or in bulk.
- Notifies you about missing images and 301 redirects.
- It offers a search and filter function for URLs and anchor texts.
- There is an option to prevent search engines from following internal broken links.
Therefore, you can find numerous free and premium plugins for your WordPress website. And, it may seem like a daunting task to find the best ones for yourself. Hopefully, you can easily find the right plugins for your site now.
Please share this article if you found this article helpful. Also, you can check more WordPress articles here:
- 10 Best WordPress Multilingual Plugins for 2020
- 8 Best WordPress Restaurant Menu Plugins for 2020
- 10 Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins 2020 (Compared)
- 7 Best WordPress Frontend User Profile Plugins for 2020!
- 5+ Best Free WordPress Registration Plugins for 2020