Looking for a systematic and secure way to register users on your WordPress site? If your answer is yes then, your search ends here. After reading this WPEverest tutorial, you’ll learn how to easily create a WordPress user registration form and add it to your website using a plugin.
Step By Step Guide:
- Why Use a WordPress Registration Form Plugin?
- Which Registration Plugin to Use?
- How to Create a User Registration Form?
Why Use a WordPress Registration Form Plugin?
Beginner or not, you need to understand the importance of creating a user registration form for your WordPress website. The default WordPress settings allow you to manually create users and assign roles but, it can be really time-consuming.
Therefore, you need a productive way to register users on your site. The most efficient option is to create a custom WordPress user registration form with the help of a plugin. A WordPress registration plugin allows you to create users automatically after the user submits the form. You can not only register users but also assign user roles directly with the registration form.
This evidently makes your job much easier as the site owner. Moreover, a lot of these registration plugins allow you to manage your user entries too. Also, you can integrate features like anti-spam protection to prevent spam bots and malicious registrations on your site.
With all of these benefits, there’s no reason why one should not use a WordPress user registration plugin. So, let’s move on the next question.
Which Registration Plugin to Use?
User Registration is the best user registration form plugin that you can find for your WordPress site. It allows you to create registration forms effortlessly. Its drag-and-drop feature makes creating a form so easy.
Because of the user-friendly interface, even beginners can create amazing user registration forms in a few minutes. Also, there is a preview option in the form builder that allows you to view how your form looks as you create.
Reasons to choose User Registration plugin:
- Assign User Roles directly in the registration form.
- Restrict User Access on the website.
- Export Users with information in CSV files.
- Email Notifications option for Admin Email, Admin Approval, Email Confirmation, etc.
- Google reCaptcha Support for anti-spam protection.
- Create Login Page and My Account Page for users in a few clicks.
How to Create a User Registration Form?
After you install and activate the User Registration plugin, you can see the plugin tab on your admin dashboard. Then, you can follow the easy steps below:
STEP 1: Create a Registration Form
First, go to the User Registration tab and click on Add New. Then, you’ll be taken to the form builder where you can easily create your custom registration form.
In the top left, you can name the form accordingly. And, on the top right, you can click on the Preview and Save Form options.
In the right side of the form builder, there are the options for you to Select columns layout, and Add rows.
On the left-hand side of the form builder, you can see the form fields are divided into two sections: Default User Fields and Extra Fields.
The Default User Fields which includes 11 basic form fields such as the First Name, Last Name, Email, Username, Password, etc. Whereas, the Extra Fields include 11 form fields such as Radio, Checkbox, Input Field, Textarea, Country, etc.
So, you can simply drag and drop the required form fields to your form. The easy interface allows you to position the form field smoothly according to your needs.
Note: The User Email and User Password fields are the required form fields for any registration form.
STEP 2: Change Form Options as per your Needs
After you insert the form fields that you require, you can edit the Form Options by clicking on the form field. You can change the Label, Description, Placeholder, etc according to your requirements.
By changing the default field attributes such as labels and descriptions, you can customize as much as you want.
STEP 3: Change Form Settings
Wait! Just creating a registration form is not enough. You need to makes sure your form does the job for you. For this, you can go the Form Settings tab in the form builder.
Then, you can see the General Settings which includes various setting options.
- Default User Role: Allows you to assign the user roles so that, users are registered with the assigned user role.
- Enable Strong Password: Allows you to enable strong password so that, users are required to enter a strong password.
- Minimum Password Strength: Allows you to set password strength for user registration. There are four options here: Very Weak, Weak, Medium, and Strong.
- Redirect URL: Allows you to set a redirection path after a user is registered successfully.
- Form Submit Button Label: Allows you to enter a Label of your choice for the Submit Button.
- Enable reCaptcha Support: Allows you to enable Google reCaptcha protection for your registration form.
- Form Template: Allows you to select a template for your form. There are five options: Default, Bordered, Flat, Rounded, and Rounded Edge.
- Custom CSS: Allows you to add custom CSS classes. The CSS classes should be separated by a comma (,).
STEP 4: Display the User Registration Form
After you’re done with the settings, click on the Update Form button on the top right. The next step is to add your user registration form to your WordPress site.
For this, you can use the shortcodes provided by the plugin for each form. On top of the form builder, you can see the Shortcode for your registration form. Click on the “Copy Shortcode!” button to quickly copy the shortcode.
Then, head over to the page or post where you want to insert the form. In the block editor, simply paste the shortcode in the Shortcode block.
Another way to add your custom registration form to your WordPress site is by using the User Registration plugin block.
In the Block Editor, search for the User Registration block and click on it to insert.
Then, select the form you want to display. You can change the form in the block editor. After you’re done, you can Publish your registration form on your site.
User Registration Plugin Settings
Furthermore, you can visit the plugin’s Settings tab to make changes in the plugin.you can see three tabs there: General, Integration, and Emails.
General: The General Settings has four tabs: General Options, Login Options, Frontend Messages, and Export Users. These settings allow you to change the overall functions of the form including user access restriction, selecting My Account Page, export user, and more.
Integration: In the Integration tab, you can find the settings for integrating Google reCaptcha with User Registration plugin.
Emails: The Emails tab allows you to customize the email settings for your registration forms.
Hence, creating a custom WordPress user registration form is such a painless job with the use of the User Registration plugin. The plugin offers so many features which make the process of creating a registration form hassle-free.
In addition, the plugin is completely free. What more can you ask for? So, don’t waste any time and, download User Registration to create beautiful custom user registration forms.
Hopefully, you can now create a user registration form for your WordPress website with ease now. If you want more tutorials for User Registration then, you can check these articles.
- Create an extended WooCommerce Registration Form
- Allow user registration with an invitation code
- Create a WordPress Registration Form with File Upload Field