Are you looking for the best Google AMP plugins in WordPress? If you are, then you’re on the right webpage.
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) plugins are programs built for making your webpages faster on mobile devices. AMP is also called Google AMP because this was started by Google. The objective of AMP is to increase the user experience in mobile devices.
In this article, we bring you some of the best Google AMP plugins that WordPress has to offer. Moreover, we’ll also go briefly over how AMP is important for your website.
A. Google AMP: How Does it Work and Why Use It?
From how it works, you may already have calculated the benefits of a Google AMP plugin in WordPress. Besides making your site faster, a Google AMP plugin will give you some other benefits as well:
- Increase SEO ranking: Search Engines and users are prone to choose and recommend a website that loads faster. This will boost your website’s SEO rankings. So these plugins can work as SEO tools as well.
- Drive more Traffic and Revenue: If your website loads quickly, even on mobile devices, then more users will start using it. That means more traffic for your website and ultimately, more revenue.
- Improve User Experience: With the best Google AMP plugins in WordPress, you can present a professional website on mobile devices. This is sure to improve the user experience on your website.
- Improve User Engagement: AMP plugins will provide a chance to increase user engagement through faster website loading since a fast website seems more interactive and comfortable.
B. The Best Google AMP Plugins in WordPress
Now to serve the main dish, here are some of the best Google AMP plugins that are powering WordPress.
The official AMP plugin by the official AMP project certainly meets the standards of the best AMP plugin. With over 500,000 active installs and many features, the official AMP plugin has proved to be a worthy tool.
The plugin offers three template modes: Standard, Reader, and Transitional. Standard mode will use AMP for your entire site. And transitional mode tries to provide the same experience for AMP and non-AMP pages. The reader mode is for simplifying your page that loads faster and meets AMP standards.
- Supports Core WordPress Themes
- Compatible with Plugins like Yoast SEO, JetPack, etc
- CSS Tree Shaking – removes unused CSS
- Provides Validation Tools to deal with AMP Incompatibilities
- Automate the Process of Generation AMP
AMP for WP is a powerful plugin for turning our webpages into Google AMP pages. With this plugin, you can turn your webpage and your posts into AMP pages. It offers 4 different pre-made themes for your AMP website as well.
Moreover, AMP for WP comes with features like Google Analytics tracking, call to action support, email opt-in support, etc. In a sense, this plugin will change your website into something like a powerful mobile app.
- Integration with WordPress SEO plugins like Yoast SEO, RankMath
- Integration with WooCommerce
- Unlimited Color Scheme
- Adsense Support
- Social Media Integration
Price: Freemium ($10 per extension)
Schema and Structured Data for WP & AMP is an AMP-compatible plugin for WordPress. This plugin takes your AMP website to a whole new level. It helps your site rank higher in search engines by adding Google Rich Snippets markup according to Schema.org guidelines.
Schema and Structured Data for WP and AMP is one of the best AMP plugins in WordPress that boosts other AMP plugins. The plugin supports dozens of different schema types, including blog posts, local business details, products, recipes, news articles, etc. Developers are ready to add the schema type on request as well.
- Data Migration From Other Schema Plugins
- Compatibility With Other AMP Plugins
- WooCommerce Support
- Unlimited Custom Post Types
- Conditional Display Fields
Price: Freemium ($99 for a single site license)
Yet another plugin that can turn your website into something like a powerful web app is the PWA for WP & AMP plugin. Some of the important features in this plugin make it one of the best Google AMP plugins for WordPress. For example, it comes with offline support. Visitors can load the site with lightning speed even when they’re not on WiFi.
Other features of this plugin include UTM tracking, multi-site support, cache expiration option, etc. With an easy-to-use interface and many other features, this plugin certainly deserves a spot on the list.
- Full PWA Compatibility for AMP
- Offline support
- Multi-Site Support
- Easy to Use and Set-Up
- UTM Tracking
Price: Freemium ($99 for a single site license)
All in One SEO is one of the best Google AMP plugins WordPress has to offer. This plugin is here to solve everything about the AMP of your site. The plugin is also very good at helping your site rank higher.
The free version of this plugin is great for SEO, and in the premium version, you get more amazing features. The features include smart schema markup, Google AMP integration, WooCommerce SEO, etc. With this plugin, your site will load faster and rank higher at the same time.
- Smart Meta Title and Description
- Google AMP Integration
- Integration with Webmaster Tools and Social Media
- Smart Schema Markup
- User Access Control
Price: Freemium ($49/yr for a single site license)
6. WP AMP Ninja
WP AMP Ninja is a premium Google AMP plugin for WordPress. It is very user-friendly and offers support for Google Adsense and Google Analytics. This plugin helps you boost your traffic and conversion rate from mobile devices by creating AMP pages for your site.
Furthermore, the plugin allows you to upload your own logo and favicon on your AMP pages. It also supports custom post types, GIF images, Iframe tags, etc. You can even disable post type or specific post for AMP pages.
- Custom Branding on AMP pages
- Support for Typography
- Implement Google Analytics and Google Adsense
- Choose Schema for each post type
- Add Custom CSS
AMP Plugin for WooCommerce is one of the best Google AMP plugins for WooCommerce. It implements AMP for most navigated WooCommerce Pages like Shop Page, Category Page, and Product Page.
The plugin allows users to add Google Analytics ID for tracking purposes as well. You can easily customize the dedicated AMP pages created with this plugin. You can also choose to show or hide the AMP icons from users.
- Customizable AMP Pages
- Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Easy to Set up and Use
- Pre-Rendering Ability
- Create Dedicated AMP Pages
C. Wrapping It Up
Google AMP Plugins are built for making your website lightning fast, even on mobile devices. Basically, they are the speed optimization tools for mobile devices. Some of the best Google AMP plugins in WordPress come with important features like pre-rendering of pages, schema markup, integration with other SEO and AMP plugins, etc. Using any one of these plugins will greatly help to boost your traffic from mobile devices.
Furthermore, you can also use the best Google AMP plugins for WordPress to turn your shop into something like a mobile app. This is sure to increase your sales as you’ll get thousands, if not millions, of potential customers.
We hope the article was useful. If you also think so, then share this article. Unleash it to social media.
WordPress is powered by millions of plugins. If you want to know about some of the best ones, check out our article on the best WordPress Plugins and Extensions.