Are you searching for the best free WordPress plugins for eCommerce? If yes, then this article is just the thing for you.
With powerful eCommerce plugins by your side, you’ll have the perfect tools to create an eCommerce site and grow your business. You can find multiple free eCommerce plugins as well as extensions that help you build a functional online store.
To help you choose the best ones, we’ve listed the 15 best free eCommerce plugins available in the WordPress repository. Let’s start!
Factors to Be Considered While Choosing eCommerce Plugins
Several WordPress plugins for creating an online store are available with varied features and qualities. But, you need to weigh a bunch of factors while selecting the proper plugin for your shopping website.
Here are some of the significant ones.
- Pricing:- Always look for free plugins at first since you’ll be paying for the integrations and extensions. You can go for premium plugins if your budget allows.
- Ease of Use:- Single out the plugin that has a standard and familiar interface. Simpler the interaction with the plugin, merrier the user experience.
- Payment Methods:- Check how many and which methods of payment are supported by the plugin. Also, find out if the payment methods are added by default or if you need add-ons for them to work.
- Integrations:- Explore the ability of the plugin to integrate with the 3rd party apps. Integration with other plugins and extensions helps to expand the plugin’s functionalities.
- Support:- You might need one-on-one guidance as well as documentation while using a plugin for your site. So, look for a plugin with excellent support.
- User Reviews:- Ideally, a high number of installations indicates better product quality. Even so, check the positive and negative reviews to make the final decision.
With that said, let’s start the article on the best free eCommerce plugins for your online store.
6 Best Free WordPress Plugins to Build an eCommerce Site
WooCommerce is one of the best WordPress plugins for online stores. It’s free, open-sourced, and the first pick of people interested in building an eCommerce company. It’s owned by Automattic, the organization behind the creation of WordPress.
WooCommerce supports hundreds of themes, plugins, and extensions, making adding new features to the site easier. Functions like order tracking, customer login, email alert, etc., aid in easy order management across the store.
With WooCommerce, you can sell digital and physical goods through your store. Likewise, you get to integrate the store with shipping carriers. You can also choose the time and place of delivery and inventory from the dashboard.
- Search and filter option for easy product searching
- Lets you add external and affiliate products
- Built-in and extended payment options like PayPal, bank transfers, etc.
- Notification alert for low stock
- Automatic tax calculation of products
Price: Free download. Only pay for extensions, hosting, and domain fees.
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) is among the best free WordPress plugins for eCommerce that lets you sell downloadable digital goods with WordPress. This includes products like eBooks, graphics, software, etc.
The plugin offers an “Add to Cart” button on your store so users can purchase multiple products at the same time. You can also view and manage detailed customer records along with complete eCommerce reports of earnings, sales, refunds, etc.
Moreover, EDD lets you manage product licensing if you sell products like software and their license keys. You can also handle the payments easily since it’s compatible with payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Apple Pay, and more.
- Easy, accessible, and powerful plugin
- Numerous extensions available
- Extensive product documentation and technical support
- Lets you add coupons or discount codes to checkout
- Translated into over 12+ languages
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $99.50/year.
Dokan is a multivendor plugin found freely on the WordPress plugin reserve. It helps you quickly build marketplaces like Amazon, Shopify, and eBay, where you can register unlimited vendors and earn commissions through the sales. Also, each vendor gets an independent customizable store with a unique URL and branding.
Vendors can create various products with this plugin – physical, variable, bookable, downloadable, or auctionable. Likewise, you can easily condition shipping methods and delivery options with vendors, including setting rates and tracking shipments.
- Set restrictions for coupons
- Choose among multiple commission types
- Social login and registration
- Real-time earning reports and statements
- Front-end dashboard for vendors
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $149/year.
BigCommerce is a fully hosted eCommerce platform that lets you create an online store with WordPress. The plugin makes creating complex catalogs and extensive volume order management easier.
Even better, it offers shipment and invoice tracking, online transactions, auto-creation of sign-in, cart, or account pages, etc. And unlike other eCommerce platforms, it doesn’t charge any cost per transaction. And you can select from over 65 international payment integrations.
- Create discounts and promotions with no scripting
- Supports major global carriers
- Multi-channel selling and management
- Customizable shopping cart
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $29.95/month. Custom pricing is also available under BigCommerce Enterprise plan.
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart is another awesome eCommerce WordPress plugin that’s available for free. It’s an online-shop plugin that allows you to easily add an online store to your WordPress site.
The plugin features include unlimited storage, regular backups, security updates, and many more. With this plugin, you can add your store to multiple marketplaces and social sites without add-ons.
Moreover, it’s compatible with hundreds of extensions and powerful APIs. So, you’ll get many methods of payment, such as Stripe and PayPal, and major carriers like UPS, FedEx, Australia Post, etc., for shipping and delivery.
- Effortless and configurable settings
- Automatic synchronization with multiple websites, blogs, and social sites
- Provides free mobile application
- Responsive design
- Supports 40+ languages
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $12.50/month.
6. WP EasyCart
WP EasyCart is WordPress plugin that allows you to create an eCommerce store or install it into existing WordPress websites. Thus, you can sell retail products, subscriptions, gift cards, donations, etc., with this plugin.
It offers PayPal Express, Square, and Stripe as payment gateways that are Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) compliant. Also, it lets you promote your products on social networks with a premium plugin extension.
Besides that, you can create user login pages for your customers to log in easily. And engage your customers with coupons and promotion systems as well.
- Offers various curriences
- Unlimited products and orders
- Google Analytics integration
- Integration with UPS, DHL, etc. for delivery
- Integration with TaxCloud API for country-wise tax rates
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $69/year.
9 Best Free WordPress Plugins to Grow Your eCommerce Site
User Registration is a freemium registration plugin that helps you create attractive WooCommerce registration forms. You can quickly and effortlessly build any custom registration form for your WordPress site with its drag and drop feature.
The plugin provides unlimited customization options so that you can design forms according to the layout of your website. Also, it sends customizable email notifications to users after every form submission and profile details change.
Moreover, you can replace WooCommerce’s default login form with User Registration’s with a simple shortcode. Even better, you can sync user details provided during registration with the WooCommerce checkout page.
- Compatible with popular email marketing tools like MailChimp, MailerLite, etc.
- Import/export forms and users
- Export form data as PDF
- Stripe and PayPal integration for user payments
- Protection against spam registrations
Price: The plugin is available in wordpress.org for free download. The premium plan starts at $79/year.
Everest Forms comes with the drag and drop function, making it easier for you to create any kind of form imaginable. Also, it helps you save precious time as it provides pre-built templates for form building.
What’s more, all the forms you build using this plugin are 100% responsive and GDPR compliant. Plus, the plugin comes with add-ons for marketing tools like Mailchimp to generate leads for your site through efficient email marketing.
- Supports multi-column forms
- Lets you view, edit, delete or restore form entries
- One-click CSV data export
- Accept payments via PayPal and Stripe
- Separate entries dashboard
Price: The plugin is available in wordpress.org for free download. The premium plan starts at $48.3/year (currently offering a 30% discount).
Next on our list of the best free WordPress plugins for eCommerce is Rank Math, a well-known SEO plugin. It’s a user-friendly tool that lets you configure different SEO settings with a few clicks. It optimizes your pages and posts for higher ranks on various search engines, resulting in more organic traffic.
The plugin integrates with WooCommerce to enhance the SEO score of your eCommerce site. It also helps you optimize product pages with structured data, manage your URLs and slugs, index your products, and direct traffic to important pages.
- Content AI for AI-generated suggestions
- Built-in advanced SEO analytics module
- Unlimited focus keywords
- Performs SEO audit with a single click
- SEO optimization for blogs
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $59/year.
MonsterInsights is a widely known free WordPress analytics plugin. This powerful plugin tracks user behavior across your online store. This includes product views, checkout page, thank-you page, and beyond.
In a single platform, you get valuable features like real-time statistics, file download and custom link tracking, multi-site analytics, and more.
Besides that, MonsterInsights lets you see the reports on content, forms, search console, audience, etc. from the dashboard. Likewise, you can get more clicks and improve SEO following suggestions using the Headline Analyzer feature.
- Customize your site according to reports from the dashboard
- Improve user experience and SEO rankings
- Blocks third-party feeds
- Accurate tracking on all AMP-enabled pages
- Disable author name tracking
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $99.50/year.
Jetpack is another must-have plugin for an eCommerce site. Why? Because it provides services such as 24/7 auto site security, caching features, advanced site analytics, etc., which are essential to building a quick and secure online store.
Plus, Jetpack includes automatic real-time backup and data restoration. You can also use the plugin for malware detection and security scans. Then, you can fix them with just a click.
Additionally, you’re able to speed up your eCommerce site with its Google AMP integration, CDN integration, and lazy loading features.
- Blocks spam comments and form submissions
- Collect payment or donation with PayPal and Stripe
- Compatible with Jetpack CRM
- Gallery and slideshow tools
- Unlimited storage for backup
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $39.95/year.
WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency might prove useful if you run an online store and want to start selling internationally. It’s one of the best WordPress plugins for online stores since it helps you display multiple currencies based on customers’ location.
You can also add currency switchers to your site and set your own or automatic exchange rate option. Furthermore, the plugin lets you add fixed custom prices and shipping rates in your secondary currencies.
- Advanced WPML integration
- Lets you select various languages for emails
- Translates store URLs
- Compatible with other WooCommerce extensions
- Translates product details and reviews
Price: Free download.
Mailchimp for WooCommerce is the leading marketing automation platform suitable for every store owner. With this plugin, you can automatically sync your customers and their purchase data with your Mailchimp account.
Linking with Mailchimp makes it easier for you to send targeted campaigns and recommend products to your audiences. Plus, Mailchimp automatically tracks and segments customers based on purchase history and frequency. You may also embed a pop-up form that converts your visitors to subscribers.
- Analyze marketing efforts
- Highlight products with beautiful landing page
- Sync new subscribers to your audience
- Send recommendations, new product alerts, or reminder emails
- Measure Return On Investment (ROI)
Price: Free download.
Creative Mail is an efficient marketing tool designed specially for WooCommerce. It lets you create email marketing campaigns and send newsletters, postcards, and announcements right from your admin dashboard.
Furthermore, you can automatically capture and route all the leads from your site into Contacts CRM and sync with email marketing lists. In addition, you can find new customers and leads through automated social media marketing.
- Pull images and products into email content
- Automatic customer records synchronization
- Sends timely emails for retargeting and re-engaging leads
- Offers Jetpack integration
- Engaging videos, surveys, polls, event RSVPs, etc.
Price: Free download available. Premium plan starts at $4.95/month.
HubSpot is a WordPress platform commonly used for marketing, sales, and customer service. The plugin lets you manage contacts and create engaging email marketing campaigns. Similarly, you can nurture your leads by sending newsletters, giving discount offers, and organizing promotional events regularly.
HubSpot’s email and traffic analytics helps to understand which marketing actions are yielding results and which ones need a fix. Plus, you can get detailed reports on the performance of landing pages, email campaigns, etc. and view them in the dashboard.
- Simple and beginner-friendly
- Automated product promotion
- Bulk-create and schedule social media content
- Third-party integrations for extensive features
- Excellent support team via chat, email, or phone
Price: Free download available. HubSpot offers multiple premium plans which include individual products and bundles pricing. The Marketing plan starts at $45/month.
Well, that wraps up our list of the best free WordPress plugins for eCommerce that you can use to build a beautiful online store. All the plugins mentioned above are fully functional and regularly updated to fix bugs and errors. You can analyze and select the finest plugin for your website.
However, Everest Forms is the one plugin you can’t miss out on if you’ve got an online shop. With its drag-and-drop feature, you can create attractive sign up forms, survey forms, etc. without a hitch.
Similarly, the User Registration plugin offers marvelous features for designing registration and login forms for eCommerce sites. You can even replace the default login page with User Registration’s custom login page.
You can find more WordPress-related posts on our official blog. Happy reading!